Planetary invasion and bombardment

Anders
Junior Kadett
Junior Kadett
phpbb forum styles

Planetary invasion and bombardment

Beitrag von Anders »

Hi, really loving the Android version of BOTE.

A couple of questions:
After successfully invading a system, do I need leave at least 1 troop unit behind?

Is bombardment a different command to attack system?

Thanks.
blotunga
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Re: Planetary invasion and bombardment

Beitrag von blotunga »

Nope you don't have to.
And no, bombardment is also performed by the other ships during an invasion. As a matter of fact you have to be careful not to use too many powerful ships when conquering minors as it can lead to killing them off. Having them around grants the racial buildings of the race which are more advantageous.
Anders
Junior Kadett
Junior Kadett

Beitrag von Anders »

Thanks! I misunderstood the wiki about invasion and I have been leaving a troop behind on every system I invaded. I've got a lot of troops that could be put to better use then!!

So basically to bomb a system, I just use the attack system order with only ships (i.e. no troops)?
blotunga
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von blotunga »

Anders hat geschrieben:Thanks! I misunderstood the wiki about invasion and I have been leaving a troop behind on every system I invaded. I've got a lot of troops that could be put to better use then!!

So basically to bomb a system, I just use the attack system order with only ships (i.e. no troops)?
Yes
Poryg
Kadett
Kadett

Beitrag von Poryg »

I kind of wonder how the ground combat works...
I have seen in the wiki that you can basically take 1 troop per 10 billion people... Depending on several factors like planetary defences, population, etc.
I was Khaoron and because it was the most convenient, I used Khaoron special forces 1st skill (25 attack, 25 defence), because I could put four of them inside my punishment class ship.
However, they weren't enough to defeat the 46.800 billion people on Heyoun's Han system. There were no defensive systems though... I was facing only population.
When I took 8 of them, no problem, only 20 billion people were dead during the bombardment...
Since the game was fairly advanced, I had no trouble with it... But what was even weirder was my first game on very hard difficulty...
I have read blotunga's comment on youtube that he likes Cartare, because he can just subjugate any pesky minors that declare war on him...
Well, apparently not warlike ones...
I couldn't beat some pesky 7 billion people with two storm troopers... Couldn't do it with 4 either... I had to wait until I had more... In total 8 storm troopers and a special research that gave me 20% bonus on ground battles... By that time the population had increased to 12 billion... Finally it was a success, but this success cost me 6 storm troopers. In the end I was screwed, because I wasted too much time fighting for this system.. I had begun inconveniently in a top left corner and there was Omega alliance close to me :/
blotunga
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von blotunga »

Don't wait for them to have to many population as it will get harder. Also assault ships give a 20% bonus. Also warlike, hostile etc. races are harder to subjugate than peaceful races for example. Also when fighting other majors the morale of the system also comes into play. With minors this isn't the case. So yeah it's a bit more complicated.
Poryg
Kadett
Kadett

Beitrag von Poryg »

I don't need a second invitation when it comes to subjugating minors,... I just wonder how much force I needed to use... Because the warlike minors are kind of forcing me to turn off the minors on higher difficulty... They are always blocking my development :D
blotunga
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von blotunga »

Poryg hat geschrieben:I don't need a second invitation when it comes to subjugating minors,... I just wonder how much force I needed to use... Because the warlike minors are kind of forcing me to turn off the minors on higher difficulty... They are always blocking my development :D
For warlikes you need at least twice as many as against non-warlikes and 3 times more than against peaceful ones.
Poryg
Kadett
Kadett

Beitrag von Poryg »

I see... So if 4 are enough to take out 8 billion pacifists, to be sure I should take 12 against warlike... Well, sounds brutal :)
Wo he hiv
Offizier
Offizier

Beitrag von Wo he hiv »

Ich hätte auch noch eine Frage zu dem Thema. Von was hängt es ab, ob die KI ein System bombardiert, oder versucht es zu erobern ? In meinem aktuellen Spiel haben die Khayrin die Herakleten bombardiert, statt sie zu erobern zu versuchen. Wobei der Effekt gering war, weil sie zu wenige Schiffe hatten und ich in derselben Runde die Herakleten zur Mitgliedschaft überreden konnte.
blotunga
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von blotunga »

Es hängt von der Schwierigkeitsgrad ab und ob der KI Transporter und Truppen verfügbar hat oder nicht und die Transporter auch im Position sind. Wenn seine Transporter noch nicht da waren und andere Schiffe schon, dann bombardiert er auch gerne.
Wo he hiv
Offizier
Offizier

Beitrag von Wo he hiv »

Danke. Seine Transporter waren in der Nähe, aber nicht da. Und ob dieses Zwergkhayrinreich Truppen hatte weiss ich nicht. Inwiefern spielt den der Schwierigkeitsgrad eine Rolle ?
Darkness
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von Darkness »

Je höher der Schwierigkeitsgrad, desto mehr Ressourcen bekommt die KI geschenkt was dazu führt, dass sie auf sehr hohen Schwierigkeitsgraden Schiffe am Fließband ausploppt und damit eher kämpfen/bombardieren wird (vor allem wird sie aber dem Spieler gegenüber aggressiver da ihr Diplomatieverhalten zu einem nicht unbeträchtlichen Teil von der Differenz der Militärstärke zwischen Mensch und KI abhängt).
Wo he hiv
Offizier
Offizier

Beitrag von Wo he hiv »

Ach so danke. Das meiste war mir bekannt. Aber dass das zu mehr Bombardierungen führt hätte ich nicht gedacht. Immerhin können sie dann auch Transporter und Truppen wesentlich schneller bauen/ausbilden.
Darkness
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von Darkness »

Es führt allgemein zu mehr Interaktionen weil mehr Ressourcen zur Verfügung stehen um eingesetzt werden zu können.
Sprich auf leicht hat die KI 17 Schiff und 5 Welten in Reichweite zum bombardieren. Sie sucht sich zwei Ziele aus und greift an, der Rest bleibt verschont weil nicht mehr Schiffe zur Verfügung stehen.

Auf impossible hat die KI 170 Schiffe und 15 Welten, sie greift 12 Welten an weil sie dafür ausreichend Schiffe zur Verfügung hat (die Zahlen sind aus Luft gegriffen und dienen nur zur Versinnbildlichung).

Wie man sieht erweitert die erhöhte Ressourcengeneration und daraus resultierende erhöhte Schiffszahl sowohl die (räumliche) Menge an Zielen als auch die Möglichkeit mehr Ziele anzugreifen da pro Ziel mehr Schiffe abgestellt werden können.
Antworten

Zurück zu „BotE Android - Questions and Answers“