Alle bereinigten BUGs kommen in diesen Bereich
Antworten
Andrev
Kadett
Kadett
phpbb forum styles

[NOBUG] Bugs (english)

Beitrag von Andrev »

1. I found uncolonized planet at minor race's system. After terraforming this planet is impossible to colonize by my colonization ship.

2. After multiple terraforming (terraform 1st planet, terraform 2nd planet) and colonization all terraformed planets are colonized by one colonization ship.

3. No description for propulsion technologies like "+1 to small ship range" (I'm new player so this information is important).

4. When planet to terraform is selected, the terraform mesh does not fox to small-ring planets.
Malle
Großadmiral
Großadmiral

Re: Bugs (english)

Beitrag von Malle »

1. have you got a savegame for this? You can upload it by "Dateianhang hochladen" at posting. As I already mentioned in the other thread, you can't colonize inside a minor race's system unless you have membership with this minor. Otherwise the minor eventually takes care of it himself.

2. this is a wanted feature. I know it would also make sense to have one ship one planet or make it selectable where the 4 bn. people should go but since this is equal for all players it does not all that much put a disadvantage on gameplay.

3. sure

4. this is due to them being just static jpg graphics, the program does not have any idea that some of them are with small rings, but the ring planets are rare so it should not occur much often. Sure, you could skim over all 1000+ planet images and search for those with rings and manually adapt the mesh function to fit to those planets but well, this is some kind of polishing we rather plan for BotE 2.0 than BotE 0.8 ;).
Andrev
Kadett
Kadett

Beitrag von Andrev »

Malle hat geschrieben:1. have you got a savegame for this? You can upload it by "Dateianhang hochladen" at posting. As I already mentioned in the other thread, you can't colonize inside a minor race's system unless you have membership with this minor. Otherwise the minor eventually takes care of it himself.
Right... this is the reason that I cannot colonize (war with this minor race).
Malle hat geschrieben:4. this is due to them being just static jpg graphics, the program does not have any idea that some of them are with small rings, but the ring planets are rare so it should not occur much often. Sure, you could skim over all 1000+ planet images and search for those with rings and manually adapt the mesh function to fit to those planets but well, this is some kind of polishing we rather plan for BotE 2.0 than BotE 0.8 ;).
It is no problem that the ring is not meshed but planetary surface is meshed incorrectly. Size, I think, is standard like other planets...
Bild
Malle
Großadmiral
Großadmiral

Beitrag von Malle »

I know, I meant both rings and planet.

If you take a look at ..\bote\graphics\planets\ you will notice all images there have 200x150 px² size. In-game the program calculates planet sizes according to what the galaxy generator said and then resizes those 200x150 pics to fit to either large, i.e. unscaled 200x150 size, medium or small size, i.e. the 200x150 pics gets downscaled a bit. Now if there was a ring around the planet in the first place (in that 200x150 jpg) then the program doesn't know. It assumes it is a full planet that fits into the 200x150 size frame. But ring planets don't. They are smaller by nature. That's why they appear like that in-game, with the wrong mesh surrounding it. There's nothing we can do there about it. No way to make a planet image with rings in a 200x150 format whilst keeping it as large as the unringed planets. I mean there is sure a way, but it's not that important right now figuring one out. I mean it doesn't that bad does it?

You got what I mean? ;)
Antworten

Zurück zu „Archiv Alpha6-Bugs“