Question about game (Alpha6 version)

Wer Fragen zu Ingame-Angelegenheiten hat, der stellt sie bitte hier (viele Antworten befinden sich auch im Wiki: http://www.wiki.birth-of-the-empires.de)
Antworten
Andrev
Kadett
Kadett
phpbb forum styles

Question about game (Alpha6 version)

Beitrag von Andrev »

Hello All,
I'm not German language, so I use English only.

This game looks amazing, but there some problems which are not clear for me. Unfortunately I didn't find the solution at English manual.

1. How to increase a ship range? Now I using the jumps method (colonization and build a spacedock) but this method:
  • - is very slow
    - is blocked when I found the other (minor) race (no possibility to avoid colonized system)
So I looking for other method...

2. These lines: red / yellow / green - I think that this is range for light/medium/heavy units.
Is it a method to increase the range one of them?

3. I found a colonized system (minor race) with empty planet ready to torraform. After end of terraforming I cannot colonize it. It is OK?

4. After few turns this planet (terraformed and ready-to-colonize) was colonized by system citizens. But there are my probe and it doesn't detect enemy fleet / colonization ships. It is correct?

5. I found few strange things at production queue at planet: there are no possible units to build. For example I don't know why 'Peraine class destroyer' is sometimes possible to build, sometimes not (no this ship at planetary queue).
Similar situation with other classes: I research units like heavy destroyer or cruiser and these classes werere not visible at planetary queue to build. Why?
I understand that it is no resource effect, because 'no resources' effect is marked by blue font.

6. What does 'Coallition Dock 1' or 'Coallition Dock 2' do?

7. How to attack planet by bombardment or invasion? I use stock 'Peraine class destroyer' but effect was too little.
Malle
Großadmiral
Großadmiral

Re: Question about game (Alpha6 version)

Beitrag von Malle »

jumps method is quite good for starters. Of course you can speed it up. I mentioned other ways in that respect specifically here (transporters building outposts, engine tech development): http://botf2.star-trek-games.com/viewto ... 15&p=64462 (long text, but it's worth the read, answers both your first two questions)

yes, the minor colonizes its home systems eventually on his own. just wait. or make him member of your empire, then you should be able to colonize, otherwise it'd be a bug.

several reasons why ships can't be build: 1. you don't have the necessary shipyard size. there are several types of shipyards, heavier ships need heavier yards. you can look up ship sizes and requirements in ship editor in ..\bote\data\ships\ folder on your harddrive.

Coalition dock? you mean the primitive shipyard called space-dock in build queue? well it's just there to increase range, repair ships in system and build small fighter craft and frigates.

destroyers aren't good for attacking/bombarding a planet. use cruisers (and like 5-10 of them) for having good effects. Invasions are something different. They are carried out by transporters loaded with troops you can build at your barracks in build menu.
Antworten

Zurück zu „ingame Fragen / ingame Questions“