Hier gehört alles rein über das man einfach reden kann
Antworten
Blake00
Junior Kadett
Junior Kadett
phpbb forum styles
Greetings!

Beitrag von Blake00 »

Hey everyone.. signed up ages ago but then forgot to actually post here haha.

I'm a huge BOTF fan and have longed for a sequel, not to mention a big fan of star trek games in general. I'm the guy who made a BOTF2 blog post & video series a few years back that some of you may have seen as it covered BOTE too (so hopefully it brought some fans here to support you guys!).

https://blakessanctum.wordpress.com/201 ... s-in-2017/

Very happy to see that BOTE is still alive and well after all these years. I still hope that one day a 3rd party (I know you guys can't for obvious reasons) makes a Trek mod for BOTE. Your engine is excellent and your original art gorgeous!
Bild
Blake's Sanctum - Star Trek Games: fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!
blotunga
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Re: Greetings!

Beitrag von blotunga »

Welcome! I think there is a Trek mod, you can find it here in the forums, but likely it's not compatibile with the latest code (I had to revamp some of the data files to accomodate the french translation.

As for development, unfortunately it grinded to a halt in the past few years, because I don't have time anymore.
Blake00
Junior Kadett
Junior Kadett

Beitrag von Blake00 »

Thank you for the warm welcome Blotunga!

I think I've found the mod! This is awesome! I can't wait to try it!

Sorry to hear you're not really working on it anymore. I saw a while back you or someone posting a video of a working 2D battle engine! Is that implemented in the last version now?? If so you're still way ahead of the other BOTF related fan projects so well done!

The video I did of your project a few years back was of the old 2013ish final PC version so even if you've stopped, at least the next time I do a BOTF related fan project comparison tour video (hopefully in the next year or so) I 'll still have your much much newer Android version to showcase even if the project has come to an end.
Bild
Blake's Sanctum - Star Trek Games: fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!
blotunga
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von blotunga »

Yes, the 2D battles are all implemented. You can try the game from https://blotunga.itch.io/birth-of-the-empires

As for putting development on hold, I have two small children to raise :). Maybe after they grow up... BotE is already over 15years old I think.
Blake00
Junior Kadett
Junior Kadett

Beitrag von Blake00 »

Awesome. I look forward to trying it out and getting into a battle.

I've now managed to acquire a copy of the ST mod v3.02final but I hear its very very old and as you say likely does not work with current versions (although I haven't tried yet). Is there a repository of old versions of BOTE anywhere?

I've also heard about The Darkness mod of the ST mod which updates it more but presumably even that is too old for the current version. However I'll try to get my hands on that too haha.
Bild
Antworten

Zurück zu „Talk talk talk“